A three-year course designed to equip the trainee with relevant knowledge, skills and attitudes to enable them to perform administrative duties as a middle-level manager in an organization.
The diploma in Business Management is packed into three modules:
- Communication skills
- Life skills
- Information communication technology
- Financial accounting
- Business law
- Cost accounting
- Principles and practices of management
- Supply and transport management
- Quantitative techniques
- Commercial and administrative law
- Office administration and management
- Marketing management
- Business plan
- Managerial accounting
- Organization theory and behaviour
- Human resource management
- Financial management
- Labour and industrial relations
- Research methods
- Research project
Graduates can secure employment in managerial and administrative roles in the county and national governments as well as in the private sector.
A trainee for this course should have the following minimum requirements:
Passed relevant craft course in Business management.
Passed Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) with an average grade of C plain.
Equivalent qualification as determined by Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC).